Wednesday, December 16, 2009

...second day and still standing...


altar
Second day of Simbang Gabi. I heard my alarm but ignored it for a while. I thought I was dreaming and the annoying sound would stop. I tried to go back to sleep but the sound continued, that's when I realized that I wasn't dreaming after all.

I'm glad there's water in the dispenser. I was able to make some coffee before I took a shower. I think I was half asleep until the water hits me. It did little to completely abate my sleepiness because after I showered and dressed, my eyes started to feel heavy. I was up and about for a good two hours before the mass will start. Call that crazy. :-)

The challenge for me is to remain alert for the entire duration of the mass. Sometimes, I dozed off, especially during the homily. Very bad of me, huh? I remember my grandmother, telling me that when I can barely open my eyes during that particular time because I'm very sleepy, it was during this time that Satan's minions are playing tricks on my eyes, so I would fall asleep and ignored altogether the priest's homily.

There were not too many people yet when we got to the church, unlike yesterday. At around 4:30 AM, people started to pour in. We were still able to sit on our favorite spot. My eyes started to feel heavy again. I could barely open it. My ordeal is just about to begin. To ward  nodding off, I wrote a draft of this post on my phone.

Surprisingly, I managed to stay awake the entire time. Sure, I kept yawning and all. but still, I was alert. During the homily, I worried that I might dozed off again, thankfully, I did not.

After the mass, we went to Mother's Best to grab some breakfast. It's just a walking distance from Redemptorist.

Cheesy Mushroom Omelette.

Tocino with Scrambled Eggs
Two days down, seven more to go.


1 comment:

रजनीश said...

Thank you for your writings. I am reaching my vocabulary by reading your blog.