Saturday, December 19, 2009

...who needs speed?...



What do you think of speed-reading? Is it a good way to get through a lot of books, or does the speed-reader miss depth and nuance? Do you speed-read? Is some material better suited to speed-reading than others?

I'm all for speed. I mean, I don't take lightly if I have to wait. Yeah, I know, I'm a bit impatient when it comes to a lot of things. Reading for that matter is not of those things. I think I can speed-read if I want to but then what will I gain from it. I read for the simple joy of being entertained and to learn a thing or two. I tried speed-reading once but it was not good. I end up forgetting what I was reading about.


I think there are some materials worth speed-reading. As for me, I don't speed-read them. In my haste to get it over with, I just skim over them.

No comments: