Tuesday, July 28, 2009

...book in waiting...

...note on the first page...
...the book...
I've been known to frequent BookSale whenever I get the chance to visit one. Books just give me something to drool over. So a few days ago, I think, Joy and I went to Robinson's to buy some groceries and afterward, I went to BookSale. The smell of books just makes me wish to stay there for a long time and read all those books. As usual, I started on the magazines rack, particularly, the one with the Runner's World.( i can only afford the back issues) When I did not see anything new, I begun my journey toward the books. Most of them were paperback. After awhile, I turned my attention to the center where a table was covered with books and there was a sign hanging above, announcing that the books were on sale. I scanned every book, most of the authors I'm not familiar with. Then something caught my attention. A black hardbound book. I like the way the title and the name of the author were etched on the cover.The pages were somewhat yellowed but I think it was really the color of the paper used. The book was entitled "Jesus, The Son of Man" by Kahlil Gibran. He also wrote "the Prophet". The author's name was also the reason I bought the book plus it only cost ten pesos. At the moment, its waiting for me. I've already perused the pages so its only a matter of time when I will sit down and give it my undivided attention....

No comments: