Monday, July 13, 2009

...not a book review...

...wishing I was there?...mmm..not really...
In between my "running" preoccupation, my livelihood and just lounging in bed when I'm free, I have another kick-ass( at least to me anyway) diversion and that is no other than..READING. I love reading and I'm quite proud to admit it. From our sporadic trips to BookSale, Joy has bought me books again--two actually. One is from my fave author Barbara Taylor Bradford and the other one is entitled Into Thin Air. I purposely managed to finish reading the first book so I have ample time to dilly-dally on the second one, which what I intended at the start. I've been watching this show on Discovery Channel entitled Everest: Beyond the Limit( actually I think they are reruns since I learned from my research on the Internet that the climb occurred previously, somewhere between 2006 and 2007). I was fascinated with the show especially with the way the climbers had to contend to everything that was a factor in their successful bid to climb Mt. Everest. I remembered one time, watching the show and it focused on one climber who finally reached the summit. He was dumbfounded. I felt goosebumps on my arms and I was thinking to myself, what would it feel to be actually there---on the summit---looking at the vast expanse around you. Attempting and finally reaching the peak of Mt. Everest is a huge ordeal and people have died trying, hoping to add their names to the list of those who successfully conquer the tallest mountain.
When I saw the book at BookSale, I hurriedly scanned the pages and read the back portion of the cover. Right there and then, I felt the urge to buy it. (though it was Joy who paid for it). If I can't be there actually, at least, I can relived the experience of the author in his quest to climb Mt. Everest. At the moment, I'm halfway through the book. I intend to finish it before the month is out. Reading always give me the "high" that is in some way similar to what I feel after every jog..
...a story about love, friendship and life...

No comments: