Sunday, July 26, 2009

...soaking in the sun after a run...

...enjoying each other's company...
I joined another race yesterday but I'm not going to discussed here about it per se ( I have another blog solely for my running pursuits). What I'm posting here was what I did after the run. Joy decided that we go to the beach since its a coincidence that the said race was held in Lapu-lapu City where beaches were aplenty. We opted to go to Portofino. After relaying to my friends her plans, Joy made reservation at the said beach. So yesterday, after resting for awhile from the run, we headed to the beach. It was a Sunday, so it was literally crawling with people. It rained early in the morning and during the race but by the time we got to the beach, the sun was out in its full glory.
Jingle and Fritzie busy at work
Jingle and Fritzie were relegated to the task of grilling the meats and fish for our lunch grub. They were good at it actually and I can only watch in anticipation because I was really hungry at that time( I was already seeing daggers from hunger. Joy bought me a siopao to stave off the hunger pangs that was persistently nagging at me but after one bite, I had to put it aside, it did nothing to sate me) Eventually, we got to eat lunch and I was a happy camper once more. There were lot of talks going around in our table while we ate and the same time took turns in chugging a mixture of vodka ( The Bar vodka), Sprite and ice. It was okay. Our conversation ranged from FarmTown( take note); Bing-bing's( my cousin) boyfriend, Josh and just about anything we could come up.
...we could not stop talking about anything....
....especially about FarmTown....
Thumbs up to Joy for making sure this get-together possible. She's someone you really can expect to go the extra mile when in comes to things like this. I also got the chance to hang out with my "folks" ( jingle, fritzie and mae ann). Lotlot, Joy's cousin was also there and she was responsible for our first ever picture while on the run ( see my blog). Bing-bing and Josh had a great time also. To wrap it up, I had a good time ( though it was dampen with my terrible headache and my desire to just sleep it off) yesterday. And I also got to taste The Bar ( new discovery).

No comments: