Thursday, July 2, 2009

...will I ever...


Since I started the walk/jog thing, I admit that I'm captivated by it. I don't do this just for the sake of doing it. I've been jogging sporadically since I transferred to this place. I've raised all kind of excuses before for missing my morning jog. Just recently, I was reintroduced to it. I used to complain about some discomfort in my lower back. I suspected that it was from sitting too long in front of the computer without even bothering to do some simple stretches. So I decided to jog again but since, I'm going back to zero, I started walking then gradually move to walk/jog. And so far, I don't feel the same discomfort again, except with my legs( I guess its expected but then its another story). For the past month, jogging has been part of my daily routine (never mind the waking up early in the morning part). And to top that, I signed up for the 33rd Milo Marathon, which will be happening two days from now. This will be my first ever race and I'm so excited to the point of keeping mum about it. Innumerable thoughts about the race are churning in my mind. I'm really going out of my comfort zone for this event. I'm aware that there will be a huge crowd this Sunday plus I'm putting myself under stress. For a newbie like me, 5 kilometers is no mean feat. This is "do or die" for me ( not literally of course). My baptism of fire, so to speak...

No comments: