Sunday, July 12, 2009

...here we go again...


After a 3-day lull in my morning routine, I went at it again this morning. I planned just to walk briskly on the track but after two laps, I told Joy that we can jog so we give it a go. It felt good actually, despite the throbbing pain on my right foot. I like how the wind brush against my face while I'm running, beads of perspiration trickling down my forehead and sometimes, I can see it out of the corner of my eye. Somehow, the thought of gasping for breath appeals to me in a way, it makes me feel that I'm alive( probably this sound a cliche). Maybe, its another reason why I don't mind waking up so early in the morning just to have my jog. This activity give me a respite from what's going on around me on a daily basis. When I run, I just can be alone with my thoughts and just feel. Besides, I have another 5K race to tackle this Sunday so I need the workout to hopefully improve my time. And I say this with all the conviction I can muster..:-)

No comments: