Wednesday, July 15, 2009

...a good run..( i mean )..jog day...


It did not sit well with me that I missed my morning jog yesterday. Much worse, I even blamed it on the rain which was beyond my control, anyway. I almost missed it again this morning because I just turned off my alarm after it beeped its usual sound. Good thing, I was able to woke up again thirty minutes later. I hastily took a shower, dressed and drank down my power drink ( it was Aktivade this time, I'm not sure of the spelling). For this week, I chose to forgo the banana, change in the routine, I suppose.
When we got to the track, we did the usual warm-up but I extended it for another lap. When I started jogging, my feet felt funny, it was as if I was limping and it felt like my one leg was shorter than the other, funny indeed. The pain was there again and it seemed like it wasn't going away. I plodded on, beads of perspiration started to materialized on my forehead and I noticed that I breathed fine, meaning I was not gasping for air. I jogged for five laps straight without taking any walk-break in between. After that, I stopped for a few gulps of water then proceeded to walk for another two laps. Subsequently, when I recovered, I started to jogged again for another four laps, then decided to head home. I drank the remaining contents of my water bottle and the water was like manna to my parched mouth. We did a few stretches. Joy mentioned that her legs were sore, I guess that was a good thing.
I was quite satisfied with what I accomplished this morning( in terms of my jogging). I was making up for the lost time. And I think I'm beginning to get the hang of this....by now, I should be..:-)

No comments: