Thursday, July 16, 2009

...not a movie review...

...fries...
...and chips...
...to the movie we go...
Joy and I cleared our schedule ( as if we have a super busy day) yesterday. And why not? It was the first day of showing of the movie Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince. And we were waiting for this movie like forever, I mean, since November of last year. Finally, it's here. We went to mall, probably thirty minutes, after it opened. We had lunch first before we proceeded to purchase our tickets. Long before the counter was open for business, a queue of people started to materialize. There were some students( I recognized them from their uniforms), some elderly folks and some other Harry Potter fans like us. It was nice to know that there are many fans of this movie out there, I'd like it very much for this sixth installment of the Harry Potter series to be a blockbuster hit.
Watching the opening scenes of the movie transported me into another place and time wherein Death Eaters wreaked havoc on the Muggles' world---an occurrence signifying the return of he-who-must-not-be-named---Lord Voldemort, Harry's long-time nemesis.It felt like I was flying with them. The special effects are really cool. On other matters, you can't really expect for the movie to be exactly the same with the book. Some adjustments had to be made for a hundred or so worth of pages to fit in an almost three hours movie. Still, it met my expectations. It was all worth the long wait. Harry, together with his friends, never fails to leave me dumbfounded ( well, I can't speak for anyone especially those who haven't heard of Harry) and I'm looking for forward to the final part, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...
...waiting for the time...

No comments: