Sunday, June 14, 2009

...1 mile at last...

When my alarm buzzed off this morning, I was still very sleepy. I can't barely open my eyes yet because it felt so heavy. Still, I managed to got out of bed, took a shower and dressed. I felt some soreness on my shoulders, don't know why. As usual, I had a bottle of cold Gatorade and a banana. Lotlot, Joy's cousin, joined us today. She just met us on the track. We had our usual 1-lap warm-up. Then we started to jog. I tried to control my pace now and did not start to go out fast as I'm used to. I was aiming to jog 4 laps straight without stopping for a walk-break in between. I did. I'm proud of myself this morning. It felt good afterward. I can almost hear my brain telling me to stop when I was past 2 laps but I prodded on. I ignored my labored breathing and tried to distract myself from feeling tired and pain on my legs, instead I focused on listening to the music playing in my MP3 player and it worked. My 1 mile jog this morning fails in comparison to those miles logged by more experienced runners. Eventually, I will be able to build a reasonable mileage. Until then, I will enjoy the experience I have now...:-) Still, I'm grinning from ear to ear, for the 4 laps....( what a show-off!)

for sustenance

No comments: