Thursday, June 11, 2009

...one fine day...( not the movie)...

Joy keeping abreast with the news. I don't really dig news.
I wish we went there to have breakfast, more ample space and the AC unit is full-blast.
My usual "pick me up".
Basking in the mouth-watering aroma of this meal..I should have opted for this one.
My "reward" for jogging 2 laps plus I miss pancakes.:-)
As usual I was awaken by the annoying sound of my alarm. It seemed very far away. I thought I was dreaming again and I tried ignoring the sound hoping that it would just stop but it did not, when I turned I saw my cellphone blinking. So much for another few minutes of sleep. I'm already awake. I have no choice but to get out of bed and go through my usual pre-walk/jog routine. I fell asleep at once last night, by the time my body hit the bed. It meant I was exhausted yesterday. At around 2 AM this morning, I woke up to nature's call. I tried to ignore it and snuggled deep under my Pooh fleece blanket but to no avail. I really need to get up and so I did. Then I went back to bed and drifted off to dreamland again and next thing I knew--came the grating sound of my alarm.

My friend( by the way, her name is Joy) decided to join me again. Luckily, I didn't wait for too long. We chatted about anything on the way. We did our usual 1-lap warm-up. Halfway through it, I was already sweating like crazy. I got impatient while untangling the the earphone wires of my mp3 player and it was my fault. At last, it was straightened. We were able to jog for 2 laps straight without stopping. At the end of the second lap, I was gasping for breath. It feels like my lungs were about to burst. We walked for another lap then jog again. That's what we did until it was time to go home. It felt good after every walk/jog session I had. My goal is to be able to jog for 1 mile at least without stopping ( or maybe just for a walk break). I know this is not much compared to those who have been running already. For me to do this right, I should tackle this gradually to prevent some unnecessary injuries. Eventually I will advance to more than 1 mile ( hopefully..:-) Plus, I really do need to lose weight which brings us to one of my Waterloo--food. I'd write about this in the next posts to come. For now this will do...

No comments: