Friday, June 26, 2009

...sleep tight...


Saturdays are the days I chose to sleep in, meaning I usually get up at past 6 or almost 7 in the morning. For some people, this is still early. No matter how hard I try to sleep till mid morning, I just can't do it. Whenever I feel that there's already light outside, it seems that there's an automatic device inside that tells me "hey, its morning already, time to get up". I guess I can say I'm a morning person. Though, there are times, I envy those people, who can sleep the entire day and wake up in the evening. Even if I slept late, I still manage to wake up the same time. So for those days that I will go out to jog, I make it a point to sleep early so I can catch at least 6 hours worth of shuteye, because if I don't, I get cranky the next day. I don't feel as good when I lack sleep for more than a couple of days( I think this is true for everyone). My grandmother used to tell me that you can't replace the hours of sleep you lose the previous night by sleeping the whole day. I believed her because I tried it once and it was not good, just made me more grouchy. Whenever the chance comes up, I really try to get enough slumber as much as I can to at least make up for those times that I don't get to sleep in. Normally, I just manage to snooze for 6 hours every night unless I go to bed way before 9 PM. I'm trying to shoot for more though...plus, I don't want to miss seeing the sunrise every morning so I guess its all worth it...

No comments: