Tuesday, June 9, 2009

...just another "walk/jog" day...

I blinked then opened my eyes. I dreamed but I could not make sense of it. It was still dark outside. I turned and reached for my cellphone. The annoying "cuckoo-clock" sound stopped. I debated over getting my lazy butt off the bed or forget about my schedule and go back to dreamland. In the end, I got up and took a shower. Afterward, I toweled myself dry and dressed. I was chugging on a bottle of Gatorade after I popped one tablet of Centrum multi. I kept glancing at my watch. I always timed myself when I'm getting ready for my walk/jog session. I went down to my friend's room to get my shoes and keys. I was surprised to find her awake. She stays up late at night and rarely wakes up at an early hour. She told me that she'd join me with my walk/jog so I wait for her. After for what it seems like eternity, we were finally out of the door and heading towards the track. We agreed to walk for one lap as some sort of warm-up. Then, we started to jog slowly. I was trailing behind her because my right leg hurts. It took me awhile to get in sync with what I was doing. I started to breathed hard, perspiration trickled down my back and on my forehead. I was almost out breath by the time I finished one lap. I stopped and walked for a few minutes. My legs were burning. When I recovered, I started to jog again. My friend went past me, she turned and motioned for me to go on. yeah right, good for her. My legs were screaming for me to stop so I lumbered along. When it was time for us to head home, my t-shirt was wet and stick to my back( something I'm not really into). Anyway, it felt good. I even had taho on my way home.

No comments: