Wednesday, June 3, 2009

...bring it on...

As usual I woke up early today. Upon hearing the loud shrill from my cellphone-cum-alarm, I reached for it groggily, taking care not to let it slip off my hand. Blindly, I shut it off. I lingered in bed for a few minutes. There's this trick that I always used whenever I need to wake up early. I set the alarm 15 minutes ahead of the designated time I want to get up. Most of the time it works for me but there are times that I'm so dog-tired that I end up sleeping again and won't wake up till its many hours late. This morning was like any other. After dawdling in bed for awhile, I hurriedly got up, took a shower and get dressed. After a 10-minute walk, I'm at the track. I always get this certain kind of "high" whenever I carry out my morning walk. Its not only walk per se, because I also jog in between till I huff and puff. And after I was drenched with perspiration, I feel elated. Plus there's always a nice view I always look forward to of watching---the changing colors of the sky when the sun slowly creeps up--it is awesome, I tell you. So even if I had to miss my favorite TV shows at night because I have to sleep early, I think it's a minuscule price to pay to stick to this commitment to stay well and to watch each new day unfolds.

No comments: