Friday, June 12, 2009

...walk on...

It become a habit for me to blog about my walk/jog session. And here I am again. It was the first time for me to ate something this morning before heading out. Since I went to bed last night with an empty stomach, I decided to grab a bite. After I showered, I chewed on a banana and downed it with my usual very, very cold Gatorade. I'm used to waking up in the wee hours of the morning though there are times that my body rebelled but then I am forced to be wide awake because of the incessant "cuckoo-clock" sound of my alarm. It can be unnerving. Joy joined me again but we walked toward the track without a single word uttered. I did my usual one lap warm-up then proceeded to jog. I was able to do so ( with the usual much needed walk break in between) for four laps, which is roughly equivalent to one mile. Next time, I will attempt to jog 4 laps straight without walk-break in between until I'm done. Let's see how it will pan out. I hope my knees will get used to it by then.

I'm a frequent visitor on the Runner's World site, where I browsed over or read some noteworthy articles with regards to running, especially for the beginners. I came across this piece about running tips, quotes and motivation, entitled 101 Kicks in the Butt. I tried this 9. GOOD-TO-GO PLAY LIST
Classic Rock
"Don't Stop Me Now," Queen
"Break on Through," The Doors
"Gimme Shelter," Rolling Stones
"Come Together" the Beatles
"What Do You Do for Money Honey," AC/DC
I must admit that though I profess to be so into music but its only this morning that I get to hear the above-mentioned songs for the first time. I downloaded them last night and transferred it to my mp3 player. I listened to them this morning while I was jogging and it was okay. Music does somehow deadened the sound of my labored breathing and push me to go further until my legs wanted out....

No comments: