Monday, June 29, 2009

...counting the days...

I could not barely hear the slow beep my cellphone made, good thing that I was able to wake up at once.( note to self:revert to the previous tone for the alarm) Since missing yesterday's jog, I was looking forward to this morning. To my dismay, I wasn't able to retire at my usual time last night. A friend was invited to a dinner and I was asked to tag along. 9 PM is early for some people. When we got home, it was already past 9. After doing some stuff, I hurriedly went to bed. Thankfully, I was able to sleep immediately. By the time my alarm went off, I still felt very sleepy since I had only 5 hours worth of sleep. I felt sluggish when I arrived at the track. Halfway through the second lap, I decided to stop. I was huffing and puffing like crazy, which I really don't like. Another thing that bugged me is the on & off pain on my right foot. Ironic though, that I can only feel the pain when I'm resting but during my jog, I don't feel a thing ( or probably just don't want to feel it) This has really got me worrying. Its only four more days till the race day....After a couple of laps, I headed home. I'm thinking of doing my jog on the road tomorrow( hopefully). I'm aware that the track is different from the pavement so I'm trying to get a feel of what to expect on the race, in terms how my legs will handle the pavement.

No comments: