Wednesday, June 24, 2009

...i'm in pain...


After a day of rest, I went back to my usual morning routine-that is, jogging early in the morning. I'm kind of proud to say that I jog more now compared to when I first begun this new diversion. I still take walk-break, I guess I really can't wean myself from it besides, I read somewhere that it is important to do so. I planned to jog again for 1 mile straight this morning but it did not happen. Before the end of 2nd lap, I was already catching my breath plus there was the irksome pain on my right foot. I walked for 1 more lap before I set off to jog again. I noticed that when I jog I can hardly feel the pain, it was as if it wasn't there. The thing is, I can't sustain to jog for a long period of time before I begun gasping for air.( I'm worried of the upcoming 5K race..will I survive it or will I just make a fool of myself...) I just hope this pain will eventually disappear come race day. I applied a medicated gel-patch to the area concerned and tied it with a hankie to keep it in place. Later tonight, before I retire for the day, I will apply a pain killer liniment. With any luck, the pain will be gone ( or if not, at least tolerable) by tomorrow. I'm trying not to hobble while I walk. It really sucks...:-(
hope this will help

No comments: