Friday, June 12, 2009

...at PINO...

Lotlot and Joy
Lotlot, Joy and me
Our dessert. I forgot the name again. It was a hodgepodge of three ingredients of a well-known local dessert here called “halo-halo”, which happens to be also my favorite. ( I know I have a lot of favorites when we talk about food…)
Mmm..RIBS…I savored every scrumptious bite I took. Lately, I’ve been trying to shy away from eating meat but when our server placed this dish on our table, all my resolve peter out. ( Talk about self-discipline…huh..well, maybe for the next few days but not last night, when this delectable fare was right there in front of me. I could not say no…).
Paella Valenciana( I’m not sure if I got the spelling right). It was my first time to taste this dish. I’ve had Paella before from Persian Palate but it tasted quite distinct from what we had last night. My friend then told me that Paella Valencia is a Spanish-style concoction of rice, seafood, hard-boiled egg, vegetables and spices. From there, other versions have been derived. I guess it depends on who’s cooking. Another yum..yum.dish, to say the least.
Gamba-something. I forgot the exact name of this dish. It was good but I think it was too hot for my palate. It felt like my mouth was on fire, thank god for the ice-cold glass of Coke within reach. The dish consisted of an assortment of shrimp and squid, spiced hot and soak in olive oil, I think.
Our appetizer…it was very yum..yum..I was attacking it like the eager beaver that I am when it comes to food.Then it hits me, I was not the only one eating so I slowed down. Serves me right, yeah well, I really can’t help it. No wonder I’m chubby ( to put it mildly).
Kinilaw ( in our dialect). Raw cubes of tuna doused in vinegar and other spices. I took a couple of bites just to have a taste. It was okay, but then, I’m not that really keen on raw food.


My friend and her cousin had a spur of the moment decision to have dinner outside so off we go. We went to a restaurant that we’ve never been to before. The place was kind of classy for my taste. ( well, I’m the type who thrive on hurried meals because I’m too impatient to wait especially if I’m so ravenous. Formal setting is not my thing and frankly, I’m not too comfy with it.) As usual my friend did the ordering. I was just content to browse over the menu and was salivating on the pictures depicted on it. Their long list of drinks piqued my interest but that was it, in the end, I settled for a Coke Light in can. Good thing, we arrived at the place when there weren’t that many people yet.( I really have this thing about crowded places.) During the course of our dinner,the place started to fill up. I was fully sated but still manage to squeeze in some dessert. It was time to go but before we did, we had some pictures taken. Anyway, enough of my talk about the sumptuous dinner I had last night. This is by far the longest post I have written in this blog.
Note: I also posted this on my Wordpress blog and I think the format there is much better that what I have here, for this post, at least.




No comments: