Tuesday, June 23, 2009

...forced rest day...

It was raining the whole day yesterday. A typhoon was in full force in some parts of the country. I decided not go out this morning to do my usual jog. I know the track would be wet and somehow I really don't like jogging on it. Besides, my leg was bothering me lately so I opted to rest it for awhile. I can't risk of being in pain come July 5. I was watching TV last night until I fell asleep ( this is what I usually do when I don't need to get up early the next day). I did not set my alarm but at around 4 AM I was awaken by the noise of the TV set, I forgot to turn it off last night. I pulled the curtains aside to have a look at the sky, it was littered with clouds..( I was thinking that it will rain again but it did not) I went back to sleep when I woke up again it was already past 7 AM. I lingered in bed for awhile and try to drift off to sleep again but I could not anymore. So I got up and took a shower. After I dressed, I had my usual morning coffee while flicking on the channels. I noticed I can't feel pain on my leg, hopefully, it won't come back anymore. I guess I just overstress it for the past few days. I had been jogging for 1 mile straight now so I guess that's what triggered the pain. For a beginner like me, jogging 1 mile is a big deal ( of course, I don't intend to settle for just 1 mile forever). I'm taking it slow...one step at a time...

No comments: