Monday, June 15, 2009

...go the distance ( not a song..)...

I'm kind of excited since yesterday. At last, I finally had the courage to join a race. Yesterday morning, a couple of hours later after my usual walk/jog, I finally registered for the 33rd Milo Marathon in the 5K category. I managed to convinced Joy to join too and she also convinced Lotlot. I'm beside myself with anticipation ( i know I sounded like a broken record now). When Joy told her friend that she join a 5K race, her friend was surprise and can't believe it. Yeah, well...talk about surprises.
The T-shirt I will wear come race day...( FRONT)
You can do it! ( I know I can..)...(BACK)
When we jogged this morning, we timed it. It took us ( that is, Joy and me) 12 minutes & 8 seconds to complete 4 laps on the track. After the end of 4 laps, I was ready to plop down on the track but I did not. We walked over to where where we placed our water bottles. I was so thirsty that I thought I can consumed the contents of a 500 ml bottle all in one setting but surprisingly not.I just drink half of it. After the water break, we walked for 2 more laps. When I felt like I already recovered, I jogged again for 2 more laps then stopped. I drink the rest of the content in my water bottle. My t-shirt stuck on my back and I was drenched in perspiration. I can even feel it dripping on my face. My hand towel comes in handy. After some leg stretches, we headed for home. Another walk/jog session done....more to come though....
my race number (this is really serious now...)

No comments: