Tuesday, June 30, 2009

...get going...

Our plan to jog on the road this morning did not push through. We decided to jog on the track. As usual, we did our 1 lap walk warm-up. Joy suggested that we'll run ( as in real "run") half of the track, which I agreed to at once. And off we go. At the end, my heart was beating like crazy and I was gasping for air. Perspiration trickled down my face. And boy, it felt good. The pain on my foot was tolerable at the moment. We did that for a couple of more times then opted to walk the rest of the way and till it was time to go home. Three more days to go till race day. It has been more than a month since Joy and me started this morning activity( walk/jog in my case). I have no qualms about getting up early so long as I don't miss my morning jog. I gradually transform from the "more walking" type to the "more jogging, less walking" type( which what I was aiming for initially). Signing up to join a 5K race is the most audacious thing I've ever done. It is also my way of putting myself to the test, in terms of endurance. I want to know how far can I go and come Sunday, I will know...
"Take a look at any school playground, see anyone jogging? Next time you lace up, take a cue from our tiny-tot brethren. Run like an animal."

No comments: